24 February 2009
Here are the rules:
1. Post a picture of the bag, purse, handbag, pocketbook [whatever you call it] that you are carrying. Now, don't you even think about going back there to your closet and getting your very favorite one or that cute little vintage clutch that you carried the last time you went out...I want to see the purse that you carried today!
2. Tell us how much it cost. Oh my, I know what you are thinking - a proper lady would never discuss matters of money, darling. Well, yes, but today we are gonna break that rule and tell. Yes, tell how much it cost. We won't judge. This is for entertainment purposes only.
And if there is a story that goes along with this purse, tell it.
3. Tag some other girls, and see how they haul around their daily essentials.
this is my elliot lucca bag! i love it. i used to be the girl that always carried a different bag every week/day/hour, but i've been with elliot for quite some time now! it's a great shade of brown, broken in like a saddle, and holds a lot! i've always accessorized my bags with colorful scarves and this scarf is where i go when i don't know which other one to choose. it's the one that's been tied on almost every bag i own! i love it and it's starting to show wear :( i don't recall how much he cost me but i know i purchased him at nordstrom last summer/late spring! he was somewhere around 200-250 i think.
inside elliot is usually a world of chaos! however, my new years resolution this year was to keep my car and work bag/purse more organized and because of this, every weekend, usually saturday night actually, i do some cleaning out. so, here ya go. the contents of elliot!
teen vogue (such a great mag)
my navy patent leather hobo wallet
hello kitty for mac lip conditioner
make up bag
small j.crew planner
oscar biandi hairspray
gin gins candy
(usually my blackberry but it was on my bed during the photoshoot)
(usually my camera but it was taking the pictures)
there you have it! i tag...
Pink Martinis and Pearls
Displaced Dixie Prep
Passion for Pink
Lucchese to Louis Vuitton
have fun ladies and feel free to show what's inside too!
i'll talk to y'all tomorrow!
23 February 2009
here's the deal. just click the button below, comment on the post, become a follower, and link back to her giveaway! best of luck ladies!
i hope i win!
after the service, i had to go straight to work. blah! haha, it was a long saturday at work but i was going out for a friend's birthday after so i had something to look forward to. we went out in laguna beach for some drinks and had a great time. my friend was turning 22 and she was hilarious. she kept introducing me and my other friends to her boyfriend, everytime she introduced one of us, we were her BEST FRIEND! she said (probably 8-10 times) "this is tray chic, she's like my BEST FRIEND! she's so stylish and she's my BEST FRIEND!" it was really cute! haha!
sunday morning, i had every intention of going to church but never got there! what is it about sunday mornings? however, i got to spend some quality time sunday afternoon and evening with a lot of my friends from USC. we had some great fellowship at dinseyland and just hanging out at a friend's house before disneyland. it should be known that i frequent the happiest place on earth! seriously, i have an annual passport (the premium one) which means i can go 365 days a year! yay!
and now today! i have the day off, due to a haircare class i have to attend this evening. i was planning on heading down to san diego this morning to go to the lilly pulitzer store and also to a hat shop to pick out my topper for the virginia gold cup! woke up too late so that will have to wait for wednesday or maybe friday! who knows! so i'm basically just sittin' in bed and chattin' to y'all! i love it. maybe later today i will post some pictures of:
1. the adorable j. crew heels i got for $20 at TJ Maxx!
2. my current handbag because i've been tagged by Park Avenue Princess who is so adorable and i absolutely love reading her blog, and her charlotte obession is very reminiscent of mine! who doesn't love charlotte, right!?!
3. some of my favorite oscar looks!
but before that, since it's monday and i'm gg deprived. here are some of my favorite blair looks...even though i pretty much love everything she wears!
i love this! blair looks flawless!
these red tights are so sassy! i love blair in red!
adorable cardigan! so pretty!
super cute, i don't think this has aired yet.
i wanted this soooooo bad!
also really wanted this! soooo classic!
surprise, surprise...i wanted this blazer too!
even her lounge wear is amazing.
eleanor and blair. like mother like daughter!
so, until then darlings...ciao and have a fabulous day!
19 February 2009
all you need to do is visit her wonderful blog and comment! become a follower for a 2nd entry, and post about it on your blog for a 3rd!
i'm so excited. go...now!
...and in typical tray chic style, i have more purchases to share with you, but we'll save that for later. goodnight!
18 February 2009
i thought i would share my purchases! keep in mind, 2 of the items were on crazy sale, plus since i spent over 125, i used a promo code for 25$ off. and...i had a gift card left from my stocking at christmas. so here we go!
and with that...i've really gotta jet!
tres tray chic
so...it's finally stopped being gray and rainy!!! yay! just in time for my day off! here's a play by play of my up-coming day!
mani-pedi with essie "guilty pleasures" i absolutely adore this color, it's kind of a coral pink! so pretty! and i'm ready for spring!
a stop at tj maxx, i've been hearing all about how jcrew is now at tj maxx, i'm going to see if thats the case at my local tj maxx!
happy hour/dinner with my good friend (the one who i went to the hospital with)
then, helping my bf assemble an ikea dresser and hang artwork!
however, right now i'm seriously invested in a l&o:svu episode on usa.
have a wonderful wednesday!
16 February 2009
where can i get rebecca bloomwood's computer? and it must be said (for those that have seen the movie) i am finnish! haha only 1/4 but i am! :)
valentine's day was spent with some old friends from university. there were 8 of us. we played mexican train (dominoes game) which was really quite fun! it was nice to see some friends i hadn't seen in a little while.
i'm waking up early tomorrow to...go SHOPPING! there is a new pair of marc by marc jacobs sunglasses that i have to have!!!!
they're cuter in person i think. love them.
tres tray chic
12 February 2009
i'm also very excited because we are going to the gold cup in virgina. it's associated with alumni row...a lot of universities gather to watch the horse races! i'm soooo excited to throw on a lilly or one of my vineyard vines frocks and a big ol hat! mint juleps here i come! ;)
i thought i would share with you some pictures from last years trip! the first is the beautiful lincoln memorial which i can always spend a big chunk of time at! it's so amazing, inspiring, and beautiful. next is the national archives building. again, wonderful place. i love american history and this place makes me feel so proud! then there is the very near and very dear daughters of the american revolution headquarters. if you haven't been, go. i love the DAR with all my heart and it's so interesting to see what they have on display as well as all the state rooms! of course there is a picture of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. George and Laura were occupying the place when the photo was taken! and last but certainly not least is the capitol! i love DC!!!!
hope you enjoy them! have a lovely rest of your day wherever you may be. and remember to keep my friend in your prayers. we are going for her biopsy tomorrow morning! thanks one and all!
i called my friend to ask if we could see the spare room at his apartment, went, saw it, didn't really feel it...but hey a great last resort! decided to get some food, ended up at happy hour, margaritas, tacos, nachos, delish! then, finally went to get the packing tape. while at cvs, we get a call from one of the places she had looked at the day before, she got it! no last resort!!! yay!
so, we went to the new place, scoped it out, went over the deets! finally made it back to "get packing!" NOT! we read her diary from 7th and 8th grade, laughed and reminisced! we cried about a girl we knew in 8th grade who passed away earlier this week from lukemia! rip sweet cynthia, we all miss you. i will see you again one day but for know enjoy dancing for your Heavenly Father! we went over the details of the break up and just basically had great girl talk! i love you friend!
i thought my day was over at that point, around 11:30. but no, another one of my close friends had left me a message earlier asking if i wanted to accompany her to her BIOPSY on friday morning! what!?! so, i called her to find out what in the beep was going on. apparently she has an enlarged thyroid and they need to biopsy it to see if it's:
3) thyroid cancer!
please keep my friend in your prayers. i'm going with her to the hospital on friday in the early am!
while out in newport with my bf for happy hour, i snapped some lovely shots of the sunset! i'm so thankful to live in such a beautiful place. enjoy!
thanks to the new followers! you ladies are wonderful. and thanks for all the amazing comments on my cupcakes, y'all are too sweet ;)
10 February 2009
- I am 5′4 or shorter.
- I think I'm ugly.
- I have many scars. who doesn't?
- I wish my hair was a different color.
- I have friends who have never seen my natural hair color.
- I have a tattoo.
- I am self-conscious about my appearance.
- I have/I've had braces.
- I wear glasses. (I'm supposed to anyway...)
- I'd get/have gotten plastic surgery if it were 100% safe, free, scar-free.
- I've been told I'm attractive by a complete stranger.
- I have freckles.
- I've sworn at my parents. (only my poor mama! sorry!
- I've run away from home.
- I've been kicked out of the house.
- My biological parents are together.
- I have a sibling less than one year old.
- I want to have kids someday.
- I have children.
- I've lost a child.
- I've slipped out a "LOL" in a spoken conversation.
- Disney movies still make me cry.
- I've snorted while laughing.
- I've laughed so hard I've cried.
- I've glued my hand to something.
- I've laughed till some kind of beverage came out of my nose.
- I've had my trousers rip in public.
- I was born with a disease/impairment.
- I've had stitches.
- I've broken a bone.
- I've had my tonsils removed.
- I've sat in a doctor's office with a friend.
- I've had my wisdom teeth removed.
- I've had serious surgery.
- I've had chicken pox.
- I've driven over 200 miles in one day.
- I've been on a plane.
- I've been to Canada.
- I've been to Niagara Falls.
- I've been to Japan.
- I've been to Europe.
- I've been to Africa.
- I've been lost in my city.
- I've seen a shooting star.
- I've wished on a shooting star.
- I've seen a meteor shower.
- I've gone out in public in my pajamas.
- I've pushed all the buttons in a lift.
- I've been to a casino.
- I've been skydiving.
- I've gone skinny dipping
- I've played spin the bottle.
- I've crashed a car.
- I've been in a play.
- I've met someone in person from the Internet.
- I've caught a snowflake on my tongue.
- I've seen the Northern Lights. (i wish!)
- I've sat on a roof top at night.
- I've played chicken.
- I've seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- I've eaten Sushi.
- I've been snowboarding.
- I'm single.
- I'm in a relationship.
- I'm available.
- I'm engaged.
- I'm married.
- I've gone on a blind date.
- I've been the dumpee more than the dumper.
- I have a fear of abandonment.
- I've been divorced.
- I've had feelings for someone who didn't have them back.
- I've told someone I loved them when I didn't.
- I've told someone I didn't love them when I did.
- I've kept something from a past relationship.
- I've had a crush on someone of the same gender.
- I've kissed a member of the same gender.
- I've had sex with someone of the same gender.
- I've had sex with more than one person at the same time.
- I am a cuddler.
- I've been kissed in the rain.
- I've hugged a stranger.
- I have kissed a stranger.
- I have had sex with a stranger.
- I've done something I promised someone else I wouldn't.
- I've done something I promised myself I wouldn't.
- I have lied to my parents about where I am.
- I am keeping a secret from the world.
- I've cheated while playing a game.
- I've cheated on a test.
- I've driven through a red light.
- I've witnessed a crime.
- I've been in a fist fight.
- I've been arrested.
- I've shoplifted.
- I've consumed alcohol.
- I smoke pot.
- I regularly drink.
- I've taken painkillers when I didn't need them.
- I've taken cough medicine when I wasn't sick.
- I've done hard drugs.
- I've been addicted to an illegal substance.
- I can't swallow pills.
- I can swallow about 5 pills at a time no problem.
- I have been diagnosed with depression.
- I shut others out when I'm depressed.
- I take anti-depressants.
- I have had an eating disorder.
- I've slept an entire day when I didn't need it.
- I've hurt myself on purpose.
- I'm addicted to self harm.
- I've woken up crying.
- I'm afraid of dying.
- I hate funerals.
- I've seen someone dying.
- I have attempted suicide.
- Someone close to me has attempted suicide.
- Someone close to me has committed suicide.
- I can sing well.
- I've stolen a tray from a fast food restaurant.
- I open up to others too easily.
- I watch the news.
- I don't kill bugs.
- I hate hearing songs that sacrifice meaning for sake of being able to rhyme.
- I swear regularly.
- I am a morning person
- I paid for my mobile phone ring tone.
- I'm a snob about grammar.
- I am a sports fanatic.
- I play with my hair.
- I have/had "x"s in my screen name.
- I love being neat.
- I love Spam.
- I've copied more than 30 CD's in a day.
- I bake well.
- I don't know how to shoot a gun.
- I am in love with love.
- I am guilty of tYpInG lIkE tHiS.
- I eat fast food weekly.
- I believe in ghosts.
- I am online 24/7, even as an away message.
- I can't sleep if there is a spider in the room.
- I am really ticklish.
- I love white chocolate.
- I bite my nails.
- I play video games.
- I'm good at remembering faces.
- I'm good at remembering names.
- I'm good at remembering dates.
- I have no idea what I want to do for the rest of my life. not really NO idea, but y'know...
so, i'm catching up on the bachelor right now and i just have to say...i loved stephanie! she was such a sweet and wonderful lady! we need waaaaaay more stephanies in this world, that's all i'm saying.
today i woke up early to make cupcakes for a co-workers birthday. they were so cute! pink! pink cupcakes just immediately make me smile. they're so girly and pretty and remind me of fairies and tea parties!
special thanks to the girls who've stopped by and left a comment, and also to my two new followers! you ladies are so sweet! hope everyone had a lovely tuesday!
and p.s. i can't wait to see "confessions of a shopaholic" i'll be there friday!!!!
09 February 2009
here we go!
my adorable new sunny (tres tray chic speak for sundress):
and the cutest lilly green polo:
that's all folks. tune in tomorrow, because i will be back! much love!
tres tray chic
anyway. Beantown Prepster is doing a fabulous giveaway! Lilly Pulitzer's Squeeze perfume, and i love perfumes!!!!
it's the yellow one and i'm sure it's divine. so head over to her blog and comment!
while we are on the topic of lilly...i got an adorable green polo and blue nautical/knots sunny today at the rue la la sale, thanks largely in part to Muffy Martini! she sent me the rue la la invite last night, just in time. thanks!
i'll have pictures of both items soon! stay tuned ladies and gents.
all for now. xo.
tres tray chic